Your basket is currently empty!
Slow Cooker Rice Pudding
Slow cooker Rice PuddingCourse: Dessert
A change from porridge for breakfast this morning. I made Slow Cooker Rice Pudding yesterday using up some out of date double cream (you know how I hate waste) and amazingly there was enough left for breakfast.
That’s set me up for another windy day in the shop.
150g Pudding Rice
284ml Double Cream
1tsp Vanilla Essence
Butter for greasing
- Grease the bowl of the slow cooker to about halfway up
- Place all ingredients in to the pot
- Turn on the slow cooker on low and cook for approximately 3 1/2 – 4 hours stirring occasionally
- Cooking times may vary due to the rice, so it’s worth checking the consistency throughout cooking. The pudding is ready to eat when the rice is soft and creamy but still retains its shape without going too mushy
- Top with a dollop of jam or sprinkle of nutmeg
- If the pudding is too thick you can stir through a dash of milk to loosen it up. I used Aborio rice as I didn’t have any pudding rice in the cupboard. It produced a slightly firmer but equally delicious pudding.