Your basket is currently empty!
Sweet Leeks, Peas and Mint
sweet leeks, peas and mintCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
A perfect accompaniment to many dishes but this also shines stirred through cooked pasta.
2 medium leeks
2 tbsp mint sauce
200g frozen peas
a glug of olive oil
- Wash and slice the leeks and add to a saucepan with a good glug of olive oil, sweat over a medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes until the leeks soften and become translucent
- Stir through the frozen peas
- Add the mint sauce and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- An easy way to wash the grit from leeks is to slice green times from white root end to the top of the green leaves leaving the root end intact. The leek should fan out like a brush. Then holding onto the white root end, rinse under the tap to wash away the dirt.